Thursday, June 4, 2009

Deep Thoughts

Since Brooklyn schools are closed today for the fabricated, quirky holiday known as Brooklyn-Queens Day and I will be busy with the kids, I won't have time to cook, clean, or blog.

On top of which, today is Avo and my 9th wedding anniversary, so we'll be going out for dinner to celebrate.

Therefore, it is the perfect time to share some thoughtful and funny household sentiments from some famous folks:

You sometimes see a woman who would have made a Joan of Arc in another century and climate, threshing herself to pieces over all the mean worry of housekeeping.
-- Rudyard Kipling


My second favorite household chore is ironing. My first being hitting my head on the top bunk bed until I faint.
-- Erma Bombeck

Cleaning your house while your kids are still growing is like shoveling the walk before it stops snowing.
-- Phyllis Diller, Phyllis Diller's Housekeeping Hints, 1966


Don't cook. Don't clean. No man will ever make love to a woman because she waxed the linoleum - "My God, the floor's immaculate. Lie down, you hot bitch."
-- Joan Rivers


The Rose Bowl is the only bowl I've ever seen that I didn't have to clean.
-- Erma Bombeck


I'm not going to vacuum until Sears makes one you can ride on.
-- Roseanne Barr


My theory on housework is, if the item doesn't multiply, smell, catch fire, or block the refrigerator door, let it be. No one else cares. Why should you?
-- Erma Bombeck

And with those thoughts, I wish everyone a Happy Brooklyn-Queens Day!

No comments: