Saturday, August 29, 2009

The Blog Days of Summer

Forgive me, readers. It's been nearly two weeks since my last blog post. And I'm a bit embarrassed to admit that I have barely cooked or cleaned since then.

My excuse? I took my girls on a New England road trip and we fell into a Cape Cod state of mind. Along the way, we ate some crummy fast food (although I admit that I liked Mickey D's Caesar salad) and some amazingly, fresh and delicious food (thanks for my good foodie friends on the Cape).

The corn and tomatoes in Cape Cod in August are the best in the world. Of course, the beachy keen atmosphere enhances the flavor.

As much as I am glad to be back home in Brooklyn, I am experiencing a post-vacation letdown. I'm missing those lazy days by the pond when all we had to think about was: what's for dinner?

No comments: