Monday, July 13, 2009

Welcome Home

The girls and I are back in Brooklyn.

We arrived home on Saturday afternoon to find a spotless apartment. It seems that in preparation for our return, Avo scrubbed the bathrooms, polished the floors, and vacuumed the carpets. The laundry was clean too, but he confessed that he took the easy route and sent it to a local laundromat (nobody's perfect!).

Clearly, he must have lacked for entertainment while we were away because he also organized our Tupperware collection. What a wild and crazy guy!

Trying to get back in the swing of domestic life, this morning I went food shopping. But when I arrived home and unpacked my reusable bags, I realized that I had purchased nothing substantial. Nothing with which to cook a meal -- unless I plan on serving peanut butter pretzels, dried mango and cereal for dinner.

Now Avo is cooking us a late dinner of grilled tilapia with fresh basil from our garden. Unfortunately, I neglected to buy any vegetables to accompany the fish.

If we get desperate for a side dish, we might have to resort to the peanut butter pretzels. After all, they are a wonderful source of protein.

"At least I defrosted the fish and turned on the rice cooker, right?" I ask pathetically.

"Nobody defrosts fish quite like you, honey."

It's nice to be home.

No comments: